Bed Bug Control in Athens, GA
Bed Bug Management in All of Georgia and Western North Carolina and South Carolina
Bed bugs are unwelcome guests in any home. They are notorious for their ability to thrive in even the cleanest environments, causing itchy bites and sleepless nights. On top of the anxiety they inevitably cause, their bites may lead to skin irritations or, in certain cases, allergic reactions. These minuscule pests reproduce rapidly and are incredibly challenging to eliminate without professional help.
At American Pest Control, we recognize the urgency in needing to eliminate these especially unpleasant pests. You can count on our highly trained and certified technicians for efficient and effective residential bed bug control in Athens, GA. Using advanced tools and proven techniques, we will work to quickly eradicate the infestation so you can enjoy peace of mind and start sleeping soundly again.
We care about your comfort, and our team operates at the highest levels of integrity. In addition to friendly service that puts your needs first, you can expect lasting solutions at reasonable rates.
Request a free inspection and estimate today by calling (706) 702-4532 or contacting us online.
Signs Your Home May Have a Bed Bug Problem
Do not dismiss possible signs of bed bugs! Catching a bed bug issue early can save you from a full-blown infestation.
Turn to our responsive team for residential bed bug control in Athens, GA when you notice any of the following warning signs:
- Bite marks on your skin. One of the most obvious signs of a bed bug problem is waking up with itchy skin. Bed bugs typically feed at night when you are sleeping. They leave behind small, red, itchy bumps that are often found in a line or grouped together. Although these bites can be confused with bites from other pests, they typically appear on areas of the skin that are exposed while you sleep.
- Blood stains on your sheets or pillowcases. After feeding, bed bugs may leave behind small blood spots on your sheets or pillowcases. These might look like tiny rust spots.
- Bed bug excrement. Similar to the blood spots, bed bugs also leave behind excrement, which appears as dark or black stains on your mattress, sheets, or the surrounding areas. These stains are often seen in the corners and crevices of the bed.
- Unpleasant odor. A strong, musty odor similar to a wet towel might be noticeable in the case of a large infestation. This smell is released from the bed bugs' scent glands.
- Physical evidence of bed bugs. An adult bed bug is about the size of an apple seed and brown in color, with a flat and oval shape. They tend to live in groups and can be found in mattress seams, bed frames, and headboards. Younger bed bugs, or nymphs, are smaller and lighter in color. You might also find the shed skins of growing bed bugs.
How We Eliminate Bed Bugs
American Pest Control's professional bed bug removal process consists of an 8-week program that includes precise inspections before and after treatment to ensure complete eradication of the infestation. We typically use Mattress Safe mattress encasements and Active Guard box spring encasements to aid in future prevention.
When you trust us with residential bed bug control in Athens, GA, we will complete the following steps:
- One of our technicians will perform a thorough inspection of your home to identify problem areas
- Once we have located the bed bugs, we will develop a tailored pest control plan designed to eliminate all bed bugs from your home
- We will generally use specialized products and bed bug mattress encasements as part of this plan
- After initial treatment is completed, our technicians will reinspect the area as needed for up to 8 weeks to ensure that the bed bugs have been completely eradicated
How Bed Bugs Infiltrate Your Home
Bed bugs can infiltrate your home in one of several ways, often hitching a ride on personal belongings or transported goods. One common way they enter homes is through luggage or personal items after a stay in an infested hotel, hostel, or even a taxi. Despite their name, bed bugs are not exclusively found in beds. They can hide in a variety of places, including furniture, upholstery, and even electrical outlets, where they can easily migrate into your luggage or clothing.
Additionally, used, second-hand, or rented furniture can also be a significant source of bed bug infestations. Bed bugs are adept at hiding in cracks and crevices and can remain undetected for long periods of time. Therefore, a piece of furniture that seems bug-free at first glance could in fact be harboring these unwanted guests. It's always advisable to thoroughly check any second-hand furniture for signs of bed bugs before bringing it into your home.
Another possible way for bed bugs to enter your home is through clothing. This is particularly true in high-density living situations (like apartment buildings, dormitories, or nursing homes) where bed bugs can easily move from room to room. They can latch onto clothing or other materials in shared laundry facilities, leading to a potential infestation in your living space.
Keep in mind that the cleanliness of your home has little to no bearing on whether bed bugs will invade it. Contrary to popular belief, these pests are not attracted to dirt or grime. Instead, they are drawn to warmth, carbon dioxide, and blood, making human habitation areas their perfect breeding ground. A spotlessly clean home can be just as inviting to bed bugs as a messy one so long as they have access to food.
A bed bug infestation represents more than an icky, momentary inconvenience. The longer an infestation is left untreated, the more difficult and expensive it becomes to eliminate. Bed bugs start reproducing as soon as they invade your home, and they multiply exponentially. A single female bed bug can lay over a hundred eggs in her lifetime, meaning that what may begin as a minor issue could rapidly escalate into a massive infestation, infiltrating various areas of your home and potentially even spreading to your neighbors.
You should not underestimate the physical and mental health implications of a bed bug infestation. Bed bug bites can cause significant discomfort, leading to itching and inflammation. In some cases, individuals who are hypersensitive to these bites may experience severe allergic reactions requiring medical attention. Repeated scratching of bite areas can also lead to skin infections.
The psychological distress caused by bed bugs is another important consideration. Dealing with an infestation can lead to anxiety and insomnia, as the fear of being bitten can prevent you from getting a good night's sleep. A persistent lack of sleep can have severe ramifications on your overall well-being, leading to fatigue, decreased productivity, and even mental health disorders such as depression.
The bottom line: You should always schedule a prompt, professional inspection if you think bed bugs may have found their way into your home. At American Pest Control, our knowledgeable team can complete a thorough inspection, confirm the presence of bed bugs, and provide an effective treatment plan to eliminate the infestation.
When you need residential bed bug control in Athens, GA, we have you covered. Call (706) 702-4532 or contact us online today.
The guy we have is very nice and friendly."We saw one roach bug and he sprayed and I haven't had an issue with them since!"- Destiny G.
I am so pleased so of course I will be switching companies ASAP!"American Pest Control came out and not only educated me on how he could solve the problem, but he actually SOLVED the problem!!!"- Christy C.
Thank you guys!"I've been with American Pest Control for many years. They are really great to us!"- Carrie W.
Really happy with the service!"So far I am noticing fewer and fewer roaches. This business is highly recommended!"- C. Taylor
Overall, an excellent experience!"As spiders were/are my wife’s main concern, he took extra care to eliminate whatever webs were visible, and then treated the entire exterior."- Buddy H.
They consistently deliver quality care with professionalism."We have used American Pest Control for both our yearly termite inspection and our quarterly pest control since 2008."- Sherry S.
We highly recommend American Pest Control!"They come on schedule and completed the service efficiently and professionally."- Edward S.
We could not be more pleased with their service!"He is extremely helpful, friendly, and very knowledgeable about the behavior of pest and how best to control them."- Robert W.
When pests get into your home or business, you want a quick solution. Our efficient pest control takes care of the problem.
We care about our customers and are committed to delivering the services you need to provide you with peace of mind.
Our technicians go through rigorous training and must pass state-required testing in order to be certified with us.
Our third-generation pest control experts put our experience toward your family's safe, comfortable environment.