Pest Control in Conyers, GA
It is not hard to find value here in Conyers. Whether you are in the market for a home or are trying to start your own business, you should have no trouble finding something that meets your needs.
Unfortunately, even the best-designed homes and commercial structures can have a problem with pests. Many local pest species love to break into homes and businesses. Most are just annoying. Some are dangerous or destructive. All are unwelcome.
If you are tired of fighting against common pests on your Conyers, GA, property, we are here to help! Reach out to our qualified team at American Pest Control if you would like information about our advanced control offerings.
Residential Pest Control in Conyers
All homes are built differently. Some are made to be compact. Others are built for luxury and provide dozens of unique rooms. Regardless of the size or quality of your home, one thing will always be true. Pests will come indoors if given a chance.
Some local invasive creatures will chew holes through your walls. Others might spread diseases or sting. What makes controlling these creatures difficult is that they are all unique. If you try to tackle problems on your own, you will find it difficult. The trick is finding a pest control company you can trust with your home's care.
Our American Pest Control professionals devote themselves to your care when it comes to tackling pests. We have a variety of comprehensive service options that you can choose from.
Our quarterly pest management plan covers a wide range of common invaders, including mice, rats, ants, roaches, spiders, millipedes, earwigs, fleas, ticks, springtails, and centipedes. This plan utilizes IPM (Integrated Pest Management) strategies to guarantee your total protection. If you are dealing with specialty pests like termites, bed bugs, wasps, or bees, we have other service options, too.
Commercial Pest Control in Conyers
It does not take much to damage a business. Sometimes, things as simple as moisture damage can lead to an establishment shutdown. Another thing that threatens local businesses is a pest invasion. Whether it's flies buzzing around your employees or termites in your walls, pests will always be a problem when they get indoors.
Our trained technicians use a comprehensive IPM approach to help local businesses protect their assets, customers, and equity year-round.
Our typical commercial pest control plan consists of five steps:
- A thorough inspection of your business and commercial property
- A fully customized service plan based on your individual needs
- Guaranteed control for all common pests, including roaches, ants, spiders, scorpions, fleas, ticks, rats, and mice
- Safe and effective options using an Integrated Pest Management approach
- Education for you and your employees to aid in creating a pest-free work environment
You cannot have pests crawling or flying around inside your Conyers business; to keep them out, turn to our team. We'll work diligently to make sure you have the protection you need to stop local pests before they cause trouble.
How Bed Bugs Get Inside Homes
Bed bugs can infiltrate homes through various means, and the lack of cleanliness and hygiene are rarely the main culprits. Effective prevention is essential to keep them away because these pests are highly adaptable and challenging to eliminate.
Here are some of the main ways that they can take over our properties:
- Travel: Bed bugs are notorious for latching onto luggage and clothing while traveling. They can infest anything from hotels to airplanes to rental cars. It is then only a matter of time until you bring them back to your home.
- Used furniture: Purchasing secondhand furniture (or accepting free items) without a careful inspection can be a recipe for disaster. These pests often hide in the cracks of upholstered furniture and mattresses, waiting for a host to present itself.
- Visitors: Guests who unknowingly carry bed bugs can inadvertently introduce them into your home.
- Buildings and dorms: Living in multi-unit buildings can spread bed bugs from one apartment to another. For example, it can happen through infested clothing in laundromats. But since these pests can readily travel through wall voids and electrical outlets, they often find a way to invade new spaces.
- Public spaces: Movie theaters and libraries are potential places where you might pick up bed bugs and transport them home.
If you suspect an infestation, don't wait for it to get worse. Turn to American Pest Control today to learn about our effective and science-driven bed bug treatment strategies.
How Long Are Termites Active?
In Conyers, termites can remain active year-round due to our mild climate. The predominant termite species in the area is the native eastern subterranean termite. These termites are usually active in temperatures above 50°F. Southeastern drywood termites and Formosan termites are also plentiful here in Georgia.
March through November is the prime termite activity period here in Conyers. During the warmer months, these destructive pests will swarm and mate, creating new, more visible colonies until they retreat behind walls and beneath our homes.
Winter, around December through February, is when termite activity may slow down. Still, termites don't go dormant; worker termites don't even need to sleep and will relentlessly chew through the wooden structure of your home without respite. Our heated properties can enable them to continue feeding and tunneling even during frigid temperatures.
Termites are highly resilient and adaptable. These unwanted insects can stay active year-round, given the proper temperatures, moisture levels, and a readily available food source. Regular termite inspections and preventive measures are crucial regardless of the season.
If you are considering scheduling annual termite checks with a professional pest control company, look no further than American Pest Control. We can assess your property for signs of infestation and recommend appropriate treatment or prevention strategies.
How to Prevent Wasp Activity Around Your Home
Wasps are valuable insects that play various ecological roles, like pollination and pest control. Unfortunately, some species are known for inflicting painful stings when they perceive a threat to their nests.
These practical strategies can help you prevent wasp activity around your home:
- Seal entry points: If your home has openings that could serve as access points for wasps, seal them to prevent these territorial pests from establishing nests indoors.
- Schedule maintenance: Keep your property well-maintained. It includes fixing broken roofing or eaves that might attract nesting wasps.
- Cover trash cans: Ensure your trash cans have tight-fitting lids to discourage wasps from scavenging for food. Likewise, keep food and drinks covered and clean up promptly after eating, as wasps love sugary substances and food scraps. If you have pets, only put out food during mealtimes.
- Avoid bright colors: Refrain from wearing bright floral or patterned clothing outside. Unfortunately, they can also attract wasps.
- Keep your yard clean: Regularly trim your plants and trees to eliminate potential nesting sites.
- Consider wasp-repellent plants: Aromatic herbs like mint and basil, in addition to professional wasp removal services, can act as natural repellents for wasps.
- Empty outdoor containers: Drain anything that might collect water; wasps need damp environments to thrive.
Remember that wasps can be aggressive if they feel threatened. If you notice a nest on your property, contact us immediately so we can safely remove it for you.
We will review proactive measures to prevent pest activity around your home for optimal safety and comfort. Call American Pest Control at (706) 702-4532 today to get started with Conyers pest control you can rely on.
Very impressed with American!"I compared to 2 other companies and their customer service, pricing and tech were the best!"- Leigh T.
Really happy with the service!"So far I am noticing fewer and fewer roaches. This business is highly recommended!"- C. Taylor
I highly recommend using this company!"Professional business that you can actually talk to on the phone."- Robert C.
We highly recommend American Pest Control!"They come on schedule and completed the service efficiently and professionally."- Edward S.
Overall, an excellent experience!"As spiders were/are my wife’s main concern, he took extra care to eliminate whatever webs were visible, and then treated the entire exterior."- Buddy H.
Thank you guys!"I've been with American Pest Control for many years. They are really great to us!"- Carrie W.
I appreciate his professionalism and his calling ahead of arrival."He told me to call if any issues aren't resolved or if any arise before the next scheduled appointment."- Denakae J.
Was super impressed!"His inspection took about 30 mins and he found the source of our ants in the crawl space."- Eadaoin W.
When pests get into your home or business, you want a quick solution. Our efficient pest control takes care of the problem.
We care about our customers and are committed to delivering the services you need to provide you with peace of mind.
Our technicians go through rigorous training and must pass state-required testing in order to be certified with us.
Our third-generation pest control experts put our experience toward your family's safe, comfortable environment.