Fleas are parasitic insects that seek out humans and animals to feed on their blood. They can be challenging to eliminate, which is why American Pest Control offers flea treatments in Toccoa. Pest control in Toccoa keeps your home pest-free. Contact us today to learn more about our options for flea treatment.
There Are Many Ways Fleas Can Infest Your Home
Fleas are tiny little parasites. They’re about an eighth of an inch long and dark brown, which makes them hard to see. Fleas can be identified by their large back legs, which they use to jump several inches in the air.
The naked eye can see fleas, but they’re so small that it can be a challenge. There are other signs of fleas that you can watch out for. If you have pets, you may notice frequent scratching or fur loss on them. This itching is caused by flea bites and a reaction to their saliva. You might see flea bites on yourself or your pets, which look like red bumps on the skin.
Fleas in Toccoa are often brought into a home by pets. They can spread from other domestic animals or wildlife, such as raccoons and rodents. Fleas are known to infest dirt or grass outside while they look for hosts.
Is It Dangerous To Have Fleas In My House?
Fleas feed on blood, and they’re known to bite humans and animals. They may have a reputation for being pests to pets, but they’ll go after people too. They spread diseases to people and pets, including typhus, tularemia, and tapeworms. Fleas can also cause anemia in pets.
How Do I Get Rid Of Fleas In My Home Fast?
Flea prevention begins at home. There are a few steps you can take to keep yourself and your pets safe from fleas.
- Groom your pet regularly: Whether you do it yourself or hire a groomer, regularly cleaning your pet is essential to flea prevention. You’ll be able to look for signs of fleas often and, hopefully, treat any issues before they become too serious.
- Keep pets on a leash when outdoors: One of the easiest ways for fleas to get indoors is through pets often unattended outside. Curious pets digging tall grass or investigating wildlife could pick up fleas. When you take your pets out, please keep them in a controlled area and on a leash.
- Use a year-round flea medication: Your vet can recommend a flea medication that will work best for your pet’s lifestyle. Be sure to follow directions precisely to keep your pet safe from fleas.
- Clean your home regularly: Frequent vacuuming and washing of bedding can help prevent flea populations from growing. Fleas entering a home can hide in carpets and bedding while seeking hosts. By vacuuming and cleaning often, you can get rid of fleas hiding in your home.
- Address wildlife problems: Rodents, raccoons, and other wildlife pests can spread fleas to your home and pets. If you notice signs of fleas that won’t go away, this could cause the problem. Wildlife exclusion around your house can prevent fleas and other issues caused by these animals.
The best way to get rid of fleas isn’t vacuuming or shampooing your dog. It’s to call in a professional pest management company.
The Best Way To Keep Fleas And Ticks Away From Your Property
American Pest Control offers home pest control in Toccoa that is specially designed to keep pests from returning. After an inspection, our universal technician will create a plan that targets areas of your house that need it the most. Our goal is to get rid of fleas and keep them from returning. Contact American Pest Control today to learn more about our options for flea control in Toccoa and schedule a free inspection.
Our certified pest experts will work with you to find the best solution for your needs. Simply fill out this form for a free, no-obligation estimate.
Contact Us Today!