How To Prevent Termites Getting Into Your Greensboro Home
Do you know to prevent a termite infestation in your Lake Oconee/Greensboro home? If not, you may be at risk of significant damage and expensive repairs. Here in northern Georgia, we deal with three main kinds of termites: native Eastern, Southeastern drywood, and Formosan termites. Any of these can cause quite devastating damage to your home.
Since 1971, Lake Oconee/Greensboro homeowners have trusted American Pest Control for their termite control needs. We are experts in identifying the signs of an infestation and providing effective solutions. Contact us today to learn more about how our termite pest control in Lake Oconee/Greensboro, GA, can keep your home safe from these destructive pests.
When Are Termites Active In Lake Oconee/Greensboro?
Termites are active year-round in Lake Oconee/Greensboro, but they tend to be more active in the spring and summer months. This is because the warmer weather and higher humidity levels create ideal conditions for termites to thrive. During these months, termites are more likely to swarm and establish new colonies, making it essential to be proactive in preventing them from getting into your home. If you notice signs of termites around your home, such as mud tubes near the foundation, contact a professional pest control service like American Pest Control as soon as possible.
What Attracts Termites To Certain Homes In Our Area?
Termites are more likely to infest homes that offer easy access to food, moisture, and shelter. Here are some factors that can attract termites in Lake Oconee/Greensboro to your home:
- Wood-to-ground contact: If the wood in your home is in direct contact with the soil, termites can easily tunnel into your home.
- Moisture: Termites need moisture to survive, so homes with leaky pipes or other sources of water are more likely to attract them.
- Clutter: Piles of wood, cardboard boxes, and other clutter around your home provide termites with an ideal hiding place.
- Cracks in the foundation: Termites can easily enter your home through small cracks in the foundation, so it's important to seal them up.
- Neglected landscaping: Trees and shrubs that touch your home can provide termites with an easy pathway into your home.
If you need help getting rid of termites, American Pest Control can help. Our experienced technicians are trained in the most advanced termite removal techniques and can help identify and eliminate any termite infestation quickly and safely.
Five Tips To Prevent Termites
You don't want to wait until you see signs of termites in your home before taking action. Following these five tips can help protect your home from a termite infestation:
- Keep wood away from your home: Don't store firewood, lumber, or other wood materials directly against your home, and make sure your home's foundation is clear of any debris or wood piles.
- Reduce moisture around your home: Fix any leaky pipes or faucets, and make sure your gutters are clear and functioning properly.
- Maintain your landscaping: Keep trees and shrubs trimmed back so they don't touch your home, and remove any dead trees or stumps from your yard.
- Seal cracks and crevices: Seal up any openings in your home's foundation, and use weatherstripping around doors and windows to keep termites out.
- Schedule regular termite inspections: A professional can identify potential termite entry points and provide treatment options to prevent infestations.
Taking proactive steps can help prevent a termite problem in Lake Oconee/Greensboro. Contact us today at American Pest Control to learn more about how we can help you protect your home from these wood-destroying pests.
Why To Call An Expert For Long-Term Termite Protection
Termites can cause extensive damage to the structure of your house if left untreated. While there are steps you can take to prevent termites, the most effective way to protect your home is to enlist professional protection. With American Pest Control's experience, expertise, and customized treatment plans, you can trust that your home is safe.
Our commitment to honesty, integrity, and customer satisfaction ensures that we provide the highest quality termite control services in Lake Oconee/Greensboro and ongoing protection to keep your home termite-free. Contact us today to schedule an inspection and to learn more about our residential and commercial termite services in Lake Oconee/Greensboro.
What Our Customers Are Saying
I recently had Patrick out to service my house, after having a horrible experience with a local company and being completely left in the dark after their initial service. Patrick did a great taking care of my house with results that were visible in only a handful of days. He was also incredibly personable and friendly.
We have used APC’s services for many years & have been very pleased with every technician. Their level of knowledge & expertise is greatly appreciated because your home is your biggest investment. APC has always helped us resolve any issue that come up with pests & the potential they have to damage our property. Thank you!
James is super knowledgeable, honest (told me to make sure I wasn’t already paying someone else for termite service before contracting with APC) and thorough. His inspection took about 30 mins and he found the source of our ants in the crawl space. Was super impressed and think they are good value for what you get.