Pest Control In Conyers, GA
It is not hard to find value here in Conyers, GA. Whether you are in the market for a home or are trying to start your own business, you should have no trouble finding something that meets your needs.
Unfortunately, even the best-designed homes and commercial structures can have a problem with pests. Many local pest species love to break into homes and businesses. Most are just annoying. Some are dangerous or destructive. All are unwelcome.
If you are tired of fighting against common pests on your Conyers, GA, property, here are some things to consider in today's blog. Reach out to our qualified team at American Pest Control if you would like information about our advanced control offerings. We are Conyers pest control experts and have the tools needed to handle any pest problem you face.
Residential Pest Control In Conyers
All homes are built differently. Some are made to be compact. Others are built for luxury and provide dozens of unique rooms. Regardless of the size or quality of your home, one thing will always be true. Pests will come indoors if given a chance.
Some local invasive creatures will chew holes through your walls. Others might spread diseases or sting. What makes controlling these creatures difficult is that they are all unique. If you try to tackle problems on your own, you will find it difficult. The trick is finding a pest control company you can trust with your home's care.
Our American Pest Control professionals devote themselves to your care when it comes to tackling pests. We have a variety of comprehensive service options that you can choose from.
Our quarterly pest management plan covers a wide range of common invaders, including mice, rats, ants, roaches, spiders, millipedes, earwigs, fleas, ticks, springtails, and centipedes. This plan utilizes IPM (Integrated Pest Management) strategies to guarantee your total protection. If you are dealing with specialty pests like termites, bed bugs, wasps, or bees, we have other service options, too.
Take a moment today to check out our residential pest control pages or give us a call to talk with our representatives about our detailed control options. We will find something that meets your needs.
Commercial Pest Control In Conyers
It does not take much to damage a business. Sometimes, things as simple as moisture damage can lead to an establishment shutdown. Another thing that threatens local businesses is a pest invasion. Whether it's flies buzzing around your employees or termites in your walls, pests will always be a problem when they get indoors.
Our trained technicians use a comprehensive IPM approach to help local businesses protect their assets, customers, and equity year-round. Our typical commercial pest control plan consists of five steps.
- A thorough inspection of your business and commercial property
- A fully customized service plan based on your individual needs
- Guaranteed control for all common pests, including roaches, ants, spiders, scorpions, fleas, ticks, rats, and mice
- Safe and effective options using an Integrated Pest Management approach
- Education for you and your employees to aid in creating a pest-free work environment
You cannot have pests crawling or flying around inside your Conyers business; to keep them out, turn to our team. We'll work diligently to make sure you have the protection you need to stop local pests before they cause trouble. Contact us today to start a dialog with our team and find out more about our advanced commercial pest control.
Keep Fleas & Ticks Off Your Lawn In Conyers
Lots of pests like to cause trouble for people here in Conyers. Two common pests you might find in your yard are fleas and ticks. Both of these local pests are not only a problem for humans but can be a threat to pets as well.
If you are looking for ways to stop these pests before they get you or one of your furry friends sick, consider utilizing some simple DIY prevention tips. Here are a few to consider today:
- Make sure to trim your grass at least once a week.
- Keep up with other general landscaping.
- Install a fence around your yard and garden to keep away local wildlife that carry fleas and ticks.
- Eliminate sources of food and moisture around your yard.
- Make sure to tightly seal your trash cans.
- Repair damage to your home's exterior that might allow fleas, ticks, or flea and tick-carrying rodents from coming indoors.
Although helpful, these simple tips and tricks will do nothing to stop fleas and ticks after they invade. To combat an infestation of these pests inside or around your home, talk with our team at American Pest Control. We will offer advanced solutions to stop these harmful creatures before they get you or one of your loved ones sick.
How To Prevent Mosquitoes & Ticks Around Your Conyers Business
Yard pests are a huge problem for homeowners. They are an even bigger issue for commercial property owners. Why? Because they threaten your employees and customers. Mosquitoes and ticks are two local yard pests that cause a lot of problems when they bite.
To stop these pests, you have a few options. You can start with general property maintenance, which might involve trimming your hedges, mowing your grass, and eliminating sources of moisture buildup. If you want a more efficient form of protection, you need to consider professional yard pest control.
At American Pest Control, we partner with local businesses to find what they need to stop potentially dangerous pests like mosquitoes and ticks. Let us inspect your property to find out where these bugs might be congregating and breeding. We will treat these areas and establish long-term control to stop future invaders from causing trouble inside or around your business facility.
Reach out to our dedicated team at American Pest Control today to learn about our yard pest control options. We will find a plan that works for you and get you on a path to total pest freedom. The only thing you have to do is pick up the phone.
Tips To Keep Fire Ants Off Your Conyers Lawn
There are several ways to effectively keep fire ants off your lawn. Still, remember that this dangerous species can be aggressive. Working with professionals is your best bet if you have an active infestation.
One strategy we recommend is keeping your yard in good shape. Mow your grass and trim tall plants regularly. Fire ants build nests in overgrown areas, and keeping your lawn well-maintained can help deter them. They also prefer loose and dry soil. Improving soil drainage and aeration by aerating the lawn and avoiding overwatering is an excellent way to prevent infestations.
You can also consider ant-resistant plants. Incorporating plants like mint and marigold can be effective deterrents; fire ants tend to avoid them due to their strong scents. Remember to regularly remove attractants like fallen leaves and excess organic matter where fire ants might nest. While you will mostly find them outdoors, they love to take over sweet and greasy food as much as other ants whenever they can.
While some homeowners try homemade strategies like the boiling water treatment, they only work short-term and never reach the entire colony. At American Pest Control, we focus on eliminating your current problem while addressing the factors leading to an infestation. Fire ant pest control may require ongoing efforts. If you need help selecting the best approach or face a significant ant invasion, we can help.
Fire ants are common in the area, but you must keep them out of your property for everyone's safety. Call American Pest Control today to learn about our fire and treatments, including baiting techniques to remove them from your property.
All The Ways Bed Bugs Get Inside Conyers Homes
Bed bugs can infiltrate homes through various means, and the lack of cleanliness and hygiene are rarely the main culprits. Effective prevention is essential to keep them away because these pests are highly adaptable and challenging to eliminate.
Here are some of the main ways that they can take over our properties:
- Travel: Bed bugs are notorious for latching onto luggage and clothing while traveling. They can infest anything from hotels to airplanes to rental cars. It is then only a matter of time until you bring them back to your home.
- Used furniture: Purchasing secondhand furniture (or accepting free items) without a careful inspection can be a recipe for disaster. These pests often hide in the cracks of upholstered furniture and mattresses, waiting for a host to present itself.
- Visitors: Guests who unknowingly carry bed bugs can inadvertently introduce them into your home.
- Buildings and dorms: Living in multi-unit buildings can spread bed bugs from one apartment to another. For example, it can happen through infested clothing in laundromats. But since these pests can readily travel through wall voids and electrical outlets, they often find a way to invade new spaces.
- Public spaces: Movie theaters and libraries are potential places where you might pick up bed bugs and transport them home.
If you suspect an infestation, don't wait for it to get worse. Call American Pest Control today to learn about our effective and science-driven bed bug treatment strategies.
How Long Are Termites Active Around Conyers?
In Conyers, termites can remain active year-round due to our mild climate. The predominant termite species in the area is the native eastern subterranean termite. These termites are usually active in temperatures above 50°F. Southeastern drywood termites and Formosan termites are also plentiful here in Georgia.
March through November is the prime termite activity period here in Conyers. During the warmer months, these destructive pests will swarm and mate, creating new, more visible colonies until they retreat behind walls and beneath our homes.
Winter, around December through February, is when termite activity may slow down. Still, termites don't go dormant; worker termites don't even need to sleep and will relentlessly chew through the wooden structure of your home without respite. Our heated properties can enable them to continue feeding and tunneling even during frigid temperatures.
Termites are highly resilient and adaptable. These unwanted insects can stay active year-round, given the proper temperatures, moisture levels, and a readily available food source. Regular termite inspections and preventive measures are crucial regardless of the season.
If you are considering scheduling annual termite checks with a professional pest control company, look no further than American Pest Control. We can assess your property for signs of infestation and recommend appropriate treatment or prevention strategies. Call us today to get started with top-rated termite control in Conyers.
How To Prevent Wasp Activity Around Your Conyers Home
Wasps are valuable insects that play various ecological roles, like pollination and pest control. Unfortunately, some species are known for inflicting painful stings when they perceive a threat to their nests.
These practical strategies can help you prevent wasp activity around your home:
- Seal entry points: If your home has openings that could serve as access points for wasps, seal them to prevent these territorial pests from establishing nests indoors.
- Schedule maintenance: Keep your property well-maintained. It includes fixing broken roofing or eaves that might attract nesting wasps.
- Cover trash cans: Ensure your trash cans have tight-fitting lids to discourage wasps from scavenging for food. Likewise, keep food and drinks covered and clean up promptly after eating, as wasps love sugary substances and food scraps. If you have pets, only put out food during mealtimes.
- Avoid bright colors: Refrain from wearing bright floral or patterned clothing outside. Unfortunately, they can also attract wasps.
- Keep your yard clean: Regularly trim your plants and trees to eliminate potential nesting sites.
- Consider wasp-repellent plants: Aromatic herbs like mint and basil can act as natural repellents for wasps in addition to professional wasp removal services.
- Empty outdoor containers: Drain anything that might collect water; wasps need damp environments to thrive.
Remember that wasps in Conyers can be aggressive if they feel threatened. If you notice a nest on your property, contact us immediately so we can safely remove it for you.
We will also review proactive measures to prevent wasp activity around your home for optimal safety. Call American Pest Control today to get started with Conyers wasp control you can rely on.
What Our Customers Are Saying
Professional business that you can actually talk to on the phone. I have been using American Pest Control for three years and I have never seen a bug in my house. I highly recommend using this company.
We have used APC’s services for many years & have been very pleased with every technician. Their level of knowledge & expertise is greatly appreciated because your home is your biggest investment. APC has always helped us resolve any issue that come up with pests & the potential they have to damage our property. Thank you!
James is super knowledgeable, honest (told me to make sure I wasn’t already paying someone else for termite service before contracting with APC) and thorough. His inspection took about 30 mins and he found the source of our ants in the crawl space. Was super impressed and think they are good value for what you get.